Sweet Maida biscuits with Egg are also known as Shankarpali recipe / shakarpara / Diamond Biscuits / Kalakala Biscuits. Maida biscuit is an easy, quick, and simple recipe to make. These sweet biscuits are so addictive that you will just keep munching on them like there is no tomorrow.
Sweet Maida Biscuits/Diamond Biscuits is a deep-fried sweet snack made with all-purpose flour, sugar, milk, and egg. Here I have added egg and butter to make these biscuits soft and crunchy. This snack is made especially during Diwali and Christmas time.
Maida biscuits are one of my favorite childhood snacks. In the bakery, we get these in small square shapes, so I chose to make these biscuits in the same square shape. But you can make these in diamond shapes too. You will get perfectly crunchy and easy to bite biscuits if you follow the exact same quantity of ingredients without adjusting. You can store this biscuit for several days so make it for this festival season or on any day and stock it up. Enjoy these biscuits with your friends and family. Enjoy these biscuits with your friends and family.
Try our other snacks recipes like Sweet Somas, Sukhiyan Kerala style recipe, Uzhunnu Murukku which you may like.
Sweet Maida Biscuits with EggCourse: SnacksCuisine: IndianDifficulty: Easy
Maida Biscuits is a deep-fried sweet snack made with all-purpose flour, sugar, milk, and egg.
2 nos Egg
1 cup Sugar
3 cup Maida/ All purpose Flour
Warm milk if needed
1 tablespoon Butter
Oil for deep frying
- In a bowl, add egg and sugar. Mix well till the sugar dissolves and keep aside.
- In a bowl, add 2 cups of maida and pour the prepared egg mixture and mix well.
- Mix it thoroughly to make a dough without using water.
- Add the remaining 1 cup maida and little warm milk instead of water and make a stiff dough.
- Add butter and knead well the dough.
- Cut chapattis into desired shapes and deep fry them in oil on a medium flame.
- Divide the dough into equal portions then with a rolling pin make chapattis.
- Take them out on tissue paper once they become golden brown.
- Egg biscuits are ready to serve.
step by step direction with the photograph for making sweet maida biscuits
- Take a bowl, add egg and sugar. Mix well with a wire whisk till the sugar dissolves and keep aside.
- Take a large mixing bowl to make the dough by adding maida and prepared sugar-egg mixture.
- Mix well and you will get a sticky dough. Now add the remaining cup of maida.
- Add some warm milk instead of water, if needed. I have added warm milk because the mixture was dry to make a dough.
- Mix everything well to make a firm and smooth dough.
- Now add butter and combine well with fingers to make sure the butter is evenly mixed.
- Divide the dough into 5-6 balls and start rolling them into thick chapattis.
- Take a sharp knife or a pizza cutter and cut the chapattis into small square or diamond shapes and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a Pan on medium flame. Gently add the cut biscuit cuts in the oil.
- Stir gently in between which helps to get an even color on all the sides and fry on medium flame until golden.
- Drain the biscuits on a paper towel and store in an airtight container for up to a week.
- You can also make these maida biscuits with powdered sugar.
- Adding cardamom powder will flavor the biscuits.
- You can also make these biscuits without eggs.
- Always keep the flame on medium so that it won’t get burnt or brown.